Friday, August 27, 2010

The Lab Puppy Square for Love Quilts

The Laborador puppy is coming along well.  There are a lot of shades of brown in this one and a lot of thread changing.  I haven't had to do a lot of frogging, thank goodness, as I really hate to pull out the threads.  I hope to finish this one next week, so I can do some bookmarks for WOCS.  I have two more Love Quilt commitments, besides the Lab puppy, and am planning on signing up for one more, a Flower/Butterfly theme, but it is not due until Feb. 1, so I should have plenty of time to start and finish all the Love Quilt squares.

I'm almost finished with this piece, (August 29th) but had to make some modifications to the flowers and leaves.  Also, I still need to do the backstitching, which shouldn't take too long, I hope. 

4 comments:

  1. Welcome to blogging, I am new myself. Your work is lovely.
    Mary-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice blog! Love your stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds very pretty - nice blog! Great finish on your quilt square. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Mary-Anne, Evalina and Carolyn for your nice comments about my stitching and my blog.
    I enjoy stitching very much, as evidenced by my varied projects - it has saved my sanity many times in the past and will probably do so in the future as well - a great therapeutic hobby.

    ReplyDelete