Friday, August 6, 2010

Early Bird Stitching

This piece was stitched for World of Charity Stitching
and is now part of a lovely quilt made by Bonnie C.,
one of our quilters; it was donated to a nursing home.
Got up very early today (couldn't sleep), so I got my coffee, stitching basket and sat on the back porch, listening to the chirps and calls of the birds in our backyard while stitching.  I am currently working on a piece for Love Quilts, a baseball theme for a young boy.   The pattern (Cross Stitchers Club) is a baseball pitcher, winding up to throw the ball.  It has a lot of 1/2 and 1/4 stitches, which I don't enjoy, but it is going pretty well.  It is due to be mailed before the end of the month, so I really need to work hard on finishing it, so it can get mailed to the Love Quilts coordinator in time to be ready to go to the quilter.

No comments:

Post a Comment