Sunday, March 13, 2011

Just In Time for Spring - A Beautiful Ruby-Throated Hummingbird

Love Quilts, USA, is getting some really beautiful squares for the Charlotte's Kids realistic birds theme, and my ruby-throated hummingbird fits right in.

For those of you who love to watch real live hummingbirds, now is the time to get your hummingbird feeders cleaned out and the nectar filled.  We saw a male Ruby-throated Hummingbird at our feeder this morning, which was a nice treat.   The males are the first to arrive to scout out nesting sites and then the females follow to build the nests, hatch the eggs and help raise the nestlings.

I had stitched this same pattern many years ago for a friend and she still has it on her wall.  When I stitched it this time around, I didn't do all the flowers in order to get it done quickly.  However, I think it turned out okay even without all the other fushia flowers hanging down.

1 comment: