Thursday, December 2, 2010

Trying Something New - Designing My Own Chart

I recently bought myself a cross stitch pattern design software, called PCStitch.  I don't have a huge stash of patterns and charts, though I do have lots of older magazines and some pamphlets of charts, so I thought I'd try to design my own using free clipart from the web and pictures I can download.

So far, I have tried to design a "surfer dude", which I don't really like the looks of after doing some tweaking; however,  I am in the process of designing another surf-type design, which has a red surfboard sticking up in the sand with a palm tree behind it.   It looks okay in the design program and I will stitch it to see how it looks on the Aida cloth to see if I can donate it to Love Quilts for one of their open themes, which is "A Walk on the Beach."

Here's a picture of the clipart from which I am designing the piece.  I will try to post a picture of the actual stitched piece at a later date.


No comments:

Post a Comment