Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Allison's Covered Binder - Volleyball Theme

Allison loved the volleyball themed binder I made for her for Christmas.
My 14-year old granddaughter, Allison, is really enjoying volleyball.  She learned to play when she was 12 with our senior citizen volleyball group.  My husband and I play in a fun-bunch volleyball group three times a week and Allison was able to learn the basics of volleyball from the seniors (citizens, that is).  She played this year as a high school freshman and when the freshman team didn't have a game, she was able to play with the junior varsity as a setter.  She is now starting Club Volleyball and had her first practice last Sunday.  This club travels around the local area and plays in tournaments.

It looks like I'll be spending a lot of time "stitching while watching" the practices and games in the next few months. 

I made Allison a stitched square to go on a binder the first part of November and have finally finished the binder - what a pain!  I had to sew, rip, sew, rip, but it is done.  It will be a Christmas present for my beautiful, wonderful, talented Allison.

No comments:

Post a Comment