Sunday, October 23, 2011

A Therapy Pillow

I had stitched a couple of small squares a while back, but didn't really know what to do with them, until I saw a pillowcase that one  of our WOCS members had recently finished.

I had some fabric remnants that dectorators give to people to take home to match their decor, and I used a small piece of that for the pillow and sewed a small band around the end.  For the pillow form, I used some left-over material to make a small form and stuffed it and sewed the end together.

It was fairly easy and it turned out better than I thought it would, since I didn't really have a pattern (just the one in my head-and it gets goofed up sometimes.)   I have a matching bear square already finished that I plan to make into another pillowcase for a senior man at Century Care Center, one of the charities we support.

No comments:

Post a Comment