Thursday, February 10, 2011

SAL at Oak Haven Designs

Jan 11 owlI'm trying something new (to me) this year, a Stitch-A-Long from Oak Haven Designs.  It is a month-by-month design of little owls, with the months at the bottom.  Here's a small picture of the January design (not my stitching though, as I've only just started.)

If you'd like to join in this SAL, all you have to do is join the Yahoo Group called  Oak Haven Designs at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/OakHavenDesigns/ and ask Tonia for the charts.   Since I was late getting started, I asked her for January and February charts, which she sent me via email.   These are free charts for members and she also has a lot of other freebies that you can request she send to you.  Tonia has some beautiful charts she gives to members and also some she has for sale.

It took me a while to figure out the measurements of the finalized design, which will be about 7.5 x 14 when finished, but after much adding, subtracting, and using the ruler, I hope I have it right.

I started tonight on the January chart and will try to get both January and February done this month.

2 comments:

  1. I love this little owl and have also just joined the group. I have just finished stitching January and will start stitching February as soon as I have all the right threads/floss. I really enjoyed stitching the 1st owl and look forward to the next 11.

    Happy Stitching

    Mary Joan
    http://maryjoanstitching.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Mary Joan. I love the little owls too and can't wait for the new one for March; I think it will have something to do with St. Patrick's day, don't you?
    Peggy

    ReplyDelete