Saturday, October 30, 2010

Sports Square for a Sick Little Boy

The sports square worked up fast.  It will be one of many sports squares made  for a sick little boy by the stitching group Love Quilts.  I always enjoy seeing my stitched squares on the finished quilts.  The quilters are so talented.  And the squares are very colorful and bright. 

I have started on a sports square for my 14-year-old granddaughter, Allison.  It is a volleyball, with a net shown behind it, and the word Volleyball at the top.  I plan to add her school name, her volleyball team name, and maybe her name with a star beside it.  She just started playing this year on the 9th grade team and we think of her as a "star".  She has natural athletic ability, is tall and loves volleyball, and we hope to be able to watch her improve each year during high school and college.

When her square is finished, I will sew it on a three-ring binder cover I will make from volleyball material (got it today at JoAnn's). 

No comments:

Post a Comment