Friday, July 20, 2012

HEDWIG, Harry Potter's Owl

Harry Potter Quilt for Love Quilts

I stitched up Hedwig for the upcoming quilt for Charlie.  These are free patterns that the members of Love Quilts are stitching to make a quilt for Charlie.


"Charlie has Asperger's along with the brain tumor, so he gets deeply involved with his interests. Charlie envisions his "bad cells" as Voldemort, with his body fighting them like Harry Potter and his friends with their wands. It's interesting to me how well HP "works" as his current obsession. HP and Voldemort were deeply connected- a little Voldemort in HP, so fighting one hurts the other (surgery and chemo).

And the big thing that struck me while reading the first book aloud with Charlie: Harry Potter was "the boy who lived," which is exactly what I want
  Charlie to be.  Thank you all again. I am having a hard time communicating how much this means to us. The squares are coming along beautifully." 
(from Charlie's Mom,  Karen)


 

3 comments:

  1. Hedwig looks so wise and charming! I liked it very much.....

    Wish you a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Die Eule ist wunderschön.
    Liebe Grüße Grit

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your Hedwig embroidery, such a cool idea!

    ReplyDelete