Tuesday, November 16, 2010

New Love Quilts Square Started (Finished)

Last Friday I began another Love Quilts square for Steven K., who loves all things about the underwater world.  I have chosen a colorful sea turtle with lots of coral below, some seaweed and bubbles.  This should be a nice square - lots of different, bright colors. 

This square is not due until March 1st, so I am very early on this one.  In the past I have signed up for squares and have had to work hard to finish them in a timely manner, so I made a promise to myself that I wouldn't do that again.  It's too hard to "force" myself to stitch in a hurry to get the square to Joan, the square coordinator at Love Quilts.   There will be new children's themes opening soon and I will sign up for a couple more, but they won't be due until later in the year. 

This gives me time to stitch for my other charity group, World of Charity Stitching.   We are working on several themes at the present time:  the EMS Flower of the Month, a transportation theme for a man's lap quilt, and teddy bear squares.  These will be quilted and given to some lucky seniors at a nursing home and to a child at a domestic violence shelter in Pensacola, Florida where I live.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that is a great choice for the underwater world theme and I am looking forward to seeing your block with the others in a finished quilt at Love Quilts. You certainly do a lot of stitching for your groups

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Rita. Stitching is something I really enjoy and as you can see, I stitch a lot since I have been retired for four years. I stitch while "watching" t.v., at the doctor's or dentists offices, at the gym at my granddaughter's volleyball tournaments, and any time I get a chance. In fact, I should get off the computer and do some more.

    ReplyDelete