I've started stitching the new Love Quilts square I signed up for a few weeks ago. It is a John Deere tractor, which will be incorporated into a quilt for Tyler, a sick little boy who loves machines. So far, no problems with stitching it, however, the pattern symbols are not very clear.
The tractor was finished yesterday, Dec. 4th, and is being soaked in Dawn detergent prior to getting it ready for mailing to Love Quilts, along with the Sea Turtle already completed.
Saturday, November 27, 2010
Tuesday, November 16, 2010
This square is not due until March 1st, so I am very early on this one. In the past I have signed up for squares and have had to work hard to finish them in a timely manner, so I made a promise to myself that I wouldn't do that again. It's too hard to "force" myself to stitch in a hurry to get the square to Joan, the square coordinator at Love Quilts. There will be new children's themes opening soon and I will sign up for a couple more, but they won't be due until later in the year.
This gives me time to stitch for my other charity group, World of Charity Stitching. We are working on several themes at the present time: the EMS Flower of the Month, a transportation theme for a man's lap quilt, and teddy bear squares. These will be quilted and given to some lucky seniors at a nursing home and to a child at a domestic violence shelter in Pensacola, Florida where I live.
Wednesday, November 10, 2010
I'm almost finished with a small piece for World of Charity Stitching group; several squares have already been stitched from the EMS Flower of the Month freebie charts and one of the ladies who signed up was unable to complete her commitment, so I volunteered to do another one (June-Wild Roses) so all the squares could be turned in and made into a beautiful lap quilt by our quilter, Bonnie. She will then donate it to one of our charities, the nursing home, for one of the lovely residents.
Sunday, November 7, 2010
The totes are pre-made ones on which I sewed the stitched squares; the totes were donated by members of WOCS.
Thursday, November 4, 2010
Monday, November 1, 2010
Allison's square is done - all I have to do now is sew it onto a piece of material with volleyball background and make it into a binder cover. This was a freebie chart that I embelished quite a bit. It was only a volleyball, net and the border. Hope she likes it. I plan to give it to her as a Christmas present - it will be something she can use at school.